Employment at Terrace
St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace, widely known as Terrace, is committed to remaining at the forefront of education. With exemplary academic outcomes a characteristic of the College, we also understand the key roles of sport, culture and social justice in the formation of the Terrace Gentleman.
Terrace recruits outstanding teaching and professional staff to continue to build a culture that supports boys to be the very best that they can be. We foster an energetic workplace catering for a range of interests in a dynamic educational environment, where professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to the Terrace Family are a must. More than 200 staff are currently employed across academic, professional and operational areas.
Take the next step in your career with Terrace.Current Opportunities at Terrace | Click Here
Applicants should apply via the College website and submit the following:
- Covering letter (1 page maximum)
- Response to Selection Criteria (2 pages maximum)
- Full CV including referees
- Any other relevant documentation specific to the position description
Our Commitment to Child Safety
All children have a right to feel safe, and be safe. The College is committed to creating an environment where the safety, wellbeing, and participation of all children and young people is paramount. We have a robust suite of policies (see below) and clear procedures to minimise risk to both staff and students. We respond swiftly and effectively in the case of an allegation being made or a concern raised.
Staff are also required to comply with the EREA Code of Conduct, the College’s Child Protection Policy and Processes and other policies that relate to your employment.
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Code of Conduct
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Employment Policy
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Principles of Employment
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Screening Policy and Guidelines
- Edmund Rice Education Australia Student Child Protection Policy and Processes
- Queensland Government Working With Children Requirements - The Blue Card System
The Terrace Difference
Staff are valued members of the Terrace Family and a wide range of opportunities are available to all staff.
- Competitive salary structure
- Access to comprehensive salary packaging
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- 10 days paid paternity leave
- Long service leave eligibility after seven years
- Opportunities for professional development and learning opportunities throughout your career
- Generous superannuation scheme
- Discounted Terrace school fees
- Access to a staff Health Club, including pool access, pilates and personal training
- Staff Social Club
- Invitation to a weekly staff morning tea
- Travel opportunities through our Student Tours and Immersions
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Book and DVD borrowing rights at the well-equipped College library
- Corporate uniforms provided for professional staff
- Free parking
- Access to a registered nurse
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Involvement in co-curricular activities
- Faith Formation
Documents & Links
The following documents and links are relevant to employment at Terrace:
All our staff come under the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019-2023.