The merit entry or scholarship program at St Joseph’s College is designed to provide enrolment to students who are at a level of excellence in their field and who may not otherwise have the opportunity to attend the College.
The Academic Merit provides a 50% reduction of tuition fees subject to performance on the ACER testing program (click here for more details »). The Sport/Cultural Merit Entry program may involve tuition fee relief, subject to financial need, or may provide accelerated enrolment entry only.
All prospective merit entry students will need to demonstrate a commitment to learning, to the ideals of a Catholic education and to demonstrate the traits of what it is to be a ‘Terrace Gentleman’ – Knowledge, Humility and Wisdom.
2018 Academic Merit Entry Scholarship ACER Testing
- Further details and key dates for 2018 ACER Scholarship Tests will be available soon.
St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace offers Academic Merit Entry at the following level:
- Level 1 | Designed for students in their final year of primary school during 2017 for entry into Year 7 in 2018.
For more information on Academic Merit Entry please contact the College Dean's Assistant:
- P | +617 3214 5200
- E | JenniferTodd@terrace.qld.edu.au
Sport/Cultural Merit Entry Application Process
- Request a Merit Entry Application from the College Registrar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Merit Entry Application (with additional required documentation). Sporting and Cultural Merit Entry Applications must be returned to the College by 30 June in the year preceding entry to the College.
- Applicants are required to submit:
- A copy of the student’s most recent school report and NAPLAN results
- Evidence of performance, team selection, competition results, academic reports, rankings
- Other supporting other supporting evidence that may enhance the application